Re: Re: pictures of a zaino shine :)

From: Steve Strigle (strigle@home.com)
Date: Sun Jul 11 1999 - 14:33:04 EDT

>nice lookin shine... maybe.. just MAYBE I will actualy try this Zainos
out...
>I have been hearing this about them for a while, on a few different
>bbs's/mailing lists.. but, I always ignored them, thinking they were just
>hoaxes like all the other cleaners/protectants that you see on
info-mercials
>at 3am.
>
>My one question... how much does the whole kit cost? (including any
>cleaner/pre-wax/wax, etc etc etc)??

Zaino info can be found on their website. http://www.zainobros.com

For the first time, and probably enough to get you through 5 good wax jobs.
Zaino is about $40.. Thats a bottle of Z1, and a Z2 (or Z5 if you have
swirls or scratches), and a Z6 spray and another bottle of either tire/trim
or glass stuff. For the alluminuum and chrome I just use some of the Z2,
it removes all the break dust and grime with no effort and leaves a great
shine. The glass stuff is really good, it got rid of the spots in my tint
but without those spots I don't feel its worth the money, vinnegar and water
and a chamois will work wonders. The tire stuff is the best I've ever used,
it looks good for a few weeks and doesn't attract the stuff that most tire
stuff does. As for their wash, well it has more suds than anything I've
ever used, and leaves a nice slick clean surface. It's only slightly
better than maguirres gel, which can be bought locally. I'd buy some with
my next order but wouldn't buy it on its own. I'd reccomend ordering extra
applicator pads, they're great for washing, waxing, and polishing.

I can't ever say enough for zaino, I left a coat of Z2 on my bird
overnight, and it was still pretty much a wipe off product. There was very
little rubbing involved.

You only need to use the Z1 the first time and probably once or twice a year
thereafter. The Z2 I use a couple coats every 5-6 months. The Z6 I use
about every 2 weeks. The bottle of Z1 will do a CC dakota, and my
formula firebird, and I have alittle left over. My current bottle of Z2
has 2 coats on my dakota, and 4 on the bird. I can probably do one more on
the bird without opening the next bottle. The bottle of Z6 lasts several
months. I use it alot, and still have a third of the bottle left (using
this one since about feb..) If I didn't just order zaino stuff 2 weeks
ago I'd jump on the group buy. As it stands today I'm stocked for the
year..

Steve Strigle
99 Dakota SLT + toys
98 Formula Firebird + Vortech.. :)