Chryslers@Carlisle: Boog's version and final events.

From: BoogYT1300@aol.com
Date: Mon Jul 12 1999 - 10:20:58 EDT

That was the best C@C yet!
Thanks to everyone for coming down/up. And thanks to Shane who was
recognized as the official DML sponsor there.
Friday: That was my prep day, I detailed anything on my truck that I could
just to take away from my peeling paint. I met alot of people, Mike Williams
and I arrived at the same time. He has the KNN Gen II installed. It looks
great. Exactly opposite of the GC version. I just think that the air hat on
the 97+ restricts the intake. Someone needs to figure out how to open that
up.
As the day went on, more people showed up, then Ed, Lisa, Shane and I took
off to South Mountain to get racin. Shane and Ed raced, I didnt because I
have u-joint that started squeeking on me. (And it is now worse from the
trip home) So Lisa and I hung out and watched.
Shane raced for money, and won $50.00. He was dialing in at 9.5 and on the
last run a 9.48. He should have won more, but he broke out of his dial-in.
But its gas money! :0).
Ed did damn good too eh? Hehe. He was runnin 11.5's all night until he got
psyched by the 8 sec 440 Charger that he was staged with. He red lighted.
Still, Ed won a nice trophy. It was even the same intense blue color as his
truck. He was stoked!
Scott Miller and he Dad showed up too. Scott wasnt having a good day. On
the way in he got a flat and had to borrow some tires to run. His Dad has a
bad ass Ram. He was hangin with the big boys!
Well, after the racin, Ed, Lisa and I wen to find their hotel (Thanks again
Shane). I didnt make any reservations. I just thought I would sleep in my
truck. But it was doggin hot and I wanted to see if I could get a room. We
showed up and guess who was loitering around in the parking lot....Jon,
Jason, and Norah, and Bob "Burlington" Tom (Go Tigers eh?). Jon, you are too
cool. He let me stay in his room. Of course, there were no vacancies Thanks
again bud!

Saturday:
I have never seen so many people at Chryslers. It looked like one of the
general shows (they are always the biggest). And the Daks, they had their
own spot on the field. We had a separate lot from the Dak lot. And this was
cool...people were lining their daks up in our lot, which was OK by us, but
this director kept telling everyone that they had to move. I think she
finally gave up! :0p". Everyone had a blast, It was great getting to know
everyone. And we made new friends too. Ronnie, this guy I met at the
All-Truck show, has a totally unique 96 Dak. He actually got picked for a
photo shoot with Mopar Muscle Magazine. Once you all see this truck, you'll
know what I mean. Ed was having a great time too. Everyone loved his truck,
That Xenon package is happenin! You just need a V8 Ed. Hehe. Since Shane
was our sponsor there, he got to pick a truck for the "Celebrity" award. Ed
got that and was in the parade on sunday. There was a dyno set up right next
to us too. We got to hear some cool exhaust. Jon dynoed his truck and had
something like 230 HP at the rear wheels, and Shane got his R/T up there and
has 215 HP at the wheels. I would have done mine too, but they wanted $75.00
for 4 runs. Thats not a bad deal, but it was too tight for my ass. I tried
to haggle with them, two runs for $38.00 but they didnt wanna hear it. Oh
well, sux to be them.

Sunday:
A cold front came through saturday and made sunday gorgeous! This was the
day to see the best of the Mopars. And again Ed was the 1st place winner in
the Dakota class. He got this nice plaque and looked great going through the
parade. "Here's your award eh? Now take off you hoser!" :0) "CAANADAH!"
<--(you had be there)
We all had a great time, but none of us won the Cuda. The first ticket
pulled won it. So everyone who gave up their ticks, you didnt win. But, the
DML won $109.00! Theres still about $20.00 left, we all needed gas money.
BWAHAHAHAHA!

Next year will be even better! I think I'm gonna bring up the smoker grill
and get some good vittles happenin. " Uh dude....you wanna smoke a pork
loin? I got some papers...dude." Thanks again to everyone and esp. Shane,
Jon, Lisa, and Eddie.
I know I'm missing something in this post so everyone that went, please fill
in the blanks!
C-Ya Soon!
Boog