RE: racing tips.

From: SmokinDakota (webmaster@smokindakota.com)
Date: Mon Jul 12 1999 - 17:07:59 EDT

I don't know any tips for the auto, but I can tell you not to get to anxious
at the tree. I would say rev it up to around 1500 rpms and as the yellow
hits, release the brake and stomp on the gas. I guess I'll let you in on my
times. My best time out of 3 runs was a 16.99 at 80mph. This is a 97 V6 RC 5
speed manual with no A/C, tailgate on and up. Only mods were a 2 chamber
Flowmaster using stock pipes and a drop in K&N Filter Charger. The engine
was pretty warm, since we had to drive a couple hours to get to the track.
Other than that I would think you can expect mid to high 17's on a stock V6
auto.

Steven 2me
http://www.smokindakota.com
AOL IM = SmknDakTrk