Re: Tread Lightly Dakota

From: Jon Steiger (stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu)
Date: Mon Jul 12 1999 - 17:19:00 EDT

On Mon, 12 Jul 1999 brian.duffey@intelsat.int wrote:
> Since everyone is talking lifts lately, I'll see if any of the long time DML
> members can remember the specifics for my question.
>
> On the DML screen Saver, is the '96 Tread Lightly Dakota.
> This is exactly what i'm looking to do with my Dak (as far as
> lift/wheels/tires), I can do without the paint scheme.
>
> Does anyone remember the details on the Mods on this DAK, OR EVEN BETTER...
> do you know where I can find more detailed info., build specs for the Tread
> Lightly Dakota?
>
> As everyone knows, it is a drag trying to buy parts to modify with, when you
> cannot even see what the end result will be. As a 4x4, this is one of the
> best built-up DAK's (old body style) that I've seen.
>
> I want those parts!
>
> Can anyone help... Please...??

   I don't know if this will help you at all, but I figured I'd
mention it just in case. I scanned in that picture from the 1996
Dakota brochure. (So maybe someone at DC can help you? I have
no idea where to start asking, and the chances of them knowing
anything are probably pretty slim, but there's always a chance I
guess.) Good luck!

                                              -Jon-

  | '96 Dodge Dakota v8 SLT CC (14.55@94.14), '96 Kolb FireFly 447 |