C@C club challenge and other stuff

From: Sbak1320@aol.com
Date: Mon Jul 12 1999 - 18:42:48 EDT

 Well, it seems that a lot of the stories have already been told about the
DML adventure at Carlisle, but I might be able to throw something in. First,
thanks to everyone who came to C@C. Without all of you showing up, this would
not have been possible.

 The DML placed 6th out of twelve clubs with 15 Daks registered under the
Dakota Mailing List name. This gave the DML $108. Next year hopefully we'll
have even more Daks there and it's possible we could win more cash for having
the largest increase of members based on a percentage compared to the
previous year, which I think is at least $250 in itself, not even including
the $7.20 per vehicle given this year.

On Sunday I had one of the Carlisle management people comment that next year
they'll try to get us more room for our trucks. She also said she really
liked our display and thought it looked very good.

 Congrats to Eddie Estoppey who took 1st place in the Dak class and to Kris
Hines, another DMLer who took third.

Jon, if you are listening, I sent the check for the club challenge and the
great looking banner you made up your way earlier this afternoon. I sent them
separate so if only one comes, the other should not be to far behind. Also,
thanks for making my almighty 5.9 look down right pathetic on the DynoJet.
;) I didn't even know you made some pulls, but Boog mentioned you had had
230 rwHP !!! Mine generated 215.1 hp and 313.3 ft./lb. torque. I didn't get
the exact R.P.M.s off of the floppy disk yet, but from the graph on the
printout it looks like peak HP is at 4100 and peak torque is around 3200. Air
temp. was at 80.5 and the barometer was at 29.86.

 Shane