Re: air filters

From: Terry Herrin (therrin@isaac.net)
Date: Tue Jul 13 1999 - 00:40:20 EDT

"Ashton, Rick" <RGASHTON@nettally.com> wrote:
>damn! i seriously hope somebody does that so they could share the experience with
>us. hey it might just work and if it does, i might think again about really doing
>it!

I'd never attempt it myself, but it would be fun to read someone
else's experience with trying this. When you think about it, a
supercharger drags power from the engine, but it more than compensates
with the forced air. Isn't it possible the same thing could happen
with the A/C? Sure, the amount of forced air isn't that much, but it
would be *cold* air. I think the chance of success would be greatest
with the 5.9L engine, as it's the least affected by the compressor
running.

Terry Herrin
99 FR CC R/T
Wilmington, NC