Tailgating (not Dak related)

From: Nate (schred1@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Jul 13 1999 - 09:39:02 EDT

I think a major reason why you should pull over to the
right whenever
someone faster comes up behind you (no matter what
your speed) is that you
don't know all the facts of the situation.........

I swore up and down to myself I wouldn't get in this
one but I just can't resist! I Think everyone should
be required to drive on the German Autobahn at least
once. If any of you have you know exactly what I'm
talking about. You can drive well over a hundred MPH
and feel perfectly safe. There is a certain harmony
that exists between drivers when there on the
autobahn. The cops will actually pull you over for
riding in the left lane, even if there's no one behind
you. It's understood that you drive in the farthest
right lane possible for your speed, When a German
driver passes, they get it done and then get their
butts back out of the left lane. (Probably has
something to do with not wanting to get rear ended by
a mercedes cruising at 150 or so!) Anyway, just
wanted to share that.

BTW: Statisticly The Autobahn has one of the lowest
accident rates in the world at the same time being one
of the very few speedlimitless highway systems.