cold air intakes

From: durling@ibm.net
Date: Tue Jul 13 1999 - 09:53:04 EDT

Jon and everyone else who is throwing this idea around. I don't know how
you could make it work but it is a proven fact that running air over
ammonia or alchohol (like rubbing) will drop the air temperature by
about 8-10 degrees, possibly more. I have seen a prototype a/c system in
a popular mechanics magazine a few years ago the had something like
this. They built a radiator style grid and blew air through it. They
were able to achieve 60 degree temps from 90 degree incoming air. I'll
see if I have it around I doubt it but I might get lucky.

Jeff Durling
'96 Sport