K&N Gen. II Installed!

From: Brian Duncan (brian@efogm.msd.ray.com)
Date: Tue Jul 13 1999 - 10:00:10 EDT

Hey folks,

I received and installed my K&N Gen. II FIPK yesterday for my '99 Dak!
Installation was very simple and quick. I have reset my computer and I
haven't driven alot with it yet, BUT on the first test drive, I could
DEFINATELY feel more throttle response and alot more steady pull through
the RPMs! I think this will be a keeper for me.

The only other thing I may do is to "wrap" the intake tube and outside
of the heat shield with some Cool-Tape or Reflect-a-Cool to keep radiant
heat from heating up the air already inside the intake tube, etc. Seemed
to work well in the "Project MPG" article in the recent issue of Four
Wheeler.

Also, after installing, I was looking at the heat shield and the
placement of the filter. The heat shield comes with a rubber gasket to
cover the top and one side of the metal. I could probably use the
Cool-Tape to seal up "most" of the remaining gaps that are around the
heat-shield, thus creating a kind-of "air-box" even though it wouldn't
be completely sealed. The heat-shield looks like it will do a very good
job at keeping most of the heat away from the filter, especially if I
use the Cool-Tape to seal up most of the remaining gaps.

So my initial response to the new K&N Gen. II FIPK is a thumbs up. :)

I also made the TV cable adjustment to firm up the shifts a little. The
shifts feel much better now!

(on a side note... I don't hear any kind of "hiss" after installation. I
do hear a nice throatier sound though of "More Power", (Tim Allen..
arrrh arrrh arrrh!!)

Now, just waitin' on the F&B Stage I TB! Leach Headers and Crower
roller-rockers will probably be next in line.

--
Brian D.
     (_____