Re: Going to change oil on '88 R/T for first time

From: Brian Duncan (brian@efogm.msd.ray.com)
Date: Tue Jul 13 1999 - 11:06:05 EDT

Trevor Stott wrote:

> I recently did an oil change a few months ago on my new 99 and my best advice
> is get a band type oil filter wrench. They torque them on very good and if
> you have a claw type I can almost guarantee you'll puncture the filter! Since
> then I've changed it again and it's gotta be the easiest vehicle I've owned in
> that respect!!!

I too use the band-type filter wrench where the wrench tightens as you
apply pressure. This works very well for me. I have a 4x4 so getting to
the filter is no problem at all! Just reach in over the front tire
through the fender well, spin it off slowly, and pull it back out
through the fender well. Doesn't drip a drop!

--
Brian D.
     (_____