Re: Re: Popping and wiggling

From: Tibor Kun (tiborski@excite.com)
Date: Wed Jul 14 1999 - 10:55:54 EDT

GS,

>> If its in warranty you might want to have it looked at by the dealer.
Sounds alot like the Mopar Clunk to me. there have been a few DML'ers with
bad ball joints. Also check the cab bolts to see if they are loose, I think
there is a technical bulletin out on this problem. I believe the solution
was the the dealer the cab bolts with larger ones. You'll have an easier
time at the dealer if you can make it pop while he's checking it out. Other
DML'ers may be more specific. I've not had any of these problems. <<

Hmm.... Sounds like an interesting perspective shift. Perhaps the clunk AND
the bed wiggling are really the cab wiggling and the bed appearing to wiggle
when in fact I am the wiggler and the bed is nice and tight! I'll check
this out as soon as I have the guts to leave my Dakota with a dealership
again and lead a brief period of my life without my faithful steed, driving
my wife's Geo Tracker. :-)

Thanks for the reply; sorry mine took so long!

--
Tibor Kun
'98 RC V6 5-spd red Sport