MPG wasRe: GenII Mileage report

From: Bob H (torch@triplet.net)
Date: Wed Jul 14 1999 - 12:47:29 EDT

At 07:35 AM 7/14/99, you wrote:
>At 11:39 PM 7/13/99 -0400, you wrote:
>>I checked my MPG several times on the 1000 mile round trip to
>>C@C. I was averaging about 15.7 on highway runs. MPG jump to a
>>consistant 17.5 on average with the GenII unit installed.
>>Mike Williams
>>99 Blk R/T CC
>
> I know we have talked about mileage several times. Some have said that it
takes awhile for the engine to get broke in to get better mileage. I went
on a short trip, speed about 75 on the interstate and then drove 2 days
short distance. Filled up and got 16.2 mpg. Now I have a CC 318, dual
electric fans, 180 thermostat, Quick D intake, 3.55 LSD, and about 3000
miles on the Dak. I also have a F&B Stage I on the way. Am I doing
something wrong or is this right for this mileage? I know the dealer would
laugh at me and point out the mods as causing low mileage, but each one
should work to improve it. Sorry if this has been beat to death, but wanted
to find out what that magical miles on the truck was to up the mpg. Thanks,

Bob Hardt
Aiken,SC
99 Black Dakota CC 5.2 Auto, Leach headers, Flex-A-Lite dual 12" fans,
Quick D intake, 180 stat