Re: MPG wasRe: GenII Mileage report

From: Brian Duncan (brian@efogm.msd.ray.com)
Date: Wed Jul 14 1999 - 13:48:16 EDT

Bob H wrote:
> <snip>
> should work to improve it. Sorry if this has been beat to death, but wanted
> to find out what that magical miles on the truck was to up the mpg. Thanks,
>
> Bob Hardt

The best MPG increase I got was from installing my Jacobs Pro-Street
Energy Pak and nothing else. A good aftermarket (hotter) ignition may
help you. There are many opinions on which one to go with, so you'll
just have to make up your own mind. I went with Jacobs because of ease
of installation (no wire cutting) and noted performance from various
magazine articles. All the other minor mods I have done have not hurt
MPG (may have helped a little), but did help HP and torque categories. I
haven't had the K&N II filter long enough to know what it did for MPG.

--
Brian D.
     (_____