Re: Re: transgo kit

From: Terry Herrin (therrin@isaac.net)
Date: Wed Jul 14 1999 - 17:36:05 EDT

On Wed, 14 Jul 1999 12:13:54 GMT, RAS002@worldnet.att.net wrote:
> It may feel "cool", but unfortunately, mis-adjusted TV cables are one
>of the primary causes of transmission damage. I firmly believe this is
>the cause of Transgo being slammed for tranny problems - people are not
>readjusting their TV cables properly after the installation. Sadly,
>Transgo has also failed to stress the importance of this adjustment in
>their instructions.

The problem is not all the trucks are coming from the factory with the
same TV adjustment. Case in point, my truck was obviously shifting
too soon. I adjusted the TV cable, and it now shifts right at redline
under WOT. Another person has stated his R/T shifts the same way as
mine does now, and he has not adjusted his cable.

Terry Herrin
99 FR CC R/T
Wilmington, NC