Re: finishing the air dam

From: Jon Steiger (stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu)
Date: Wed Jul 14 1999 - 17:48:26 EDT

On Wed, 14 Jul 1999, Richard A Pyburn wrote:

> Easy to say when you own a third generation Dakota. The truth of the
> matter is that the Dakota was relatively unknown until the 5/7 Ram was
> created. Instant popularity and a new market for aftermarket goods. Ask
> any pre-97 Dakota owner about the "aftermarket." They'll say, "What
> aftermarket?" It's a whole new world out there now.

   True enough!! Plus, no way is an aftermarket air-dam going to
be cheaper than painting the stock one. You'll have to get an aftermarket
one painted anyway, and with the stock one, you don't have the initial cost
of buying the airdam! Labor is the same... (Well, maybe a little more
prep work involved with a re-paint, but nowhere near enough to make up
the difference of a new air-dam. I haven't priced them, but Stillen isn't
exactly known for cheap prices!) :-) Unless you're unhappy with the
design of the stock one, IMHO, your best bet is probably to have it painted.

                                              -Jon-

  | '96 Dodge Dakota v8 SLT CC (14.55@94.14), '96 Kolb FireFly 447 |