Re: E-RAM and RAM air

From: Elmer Hanhart (hanharte@swbell.net)
Date: Wed Jul 14 1999 - 20:06:40 EDT

OK I'm going to try and ask/explain this as best as possible but it may
get confusing. Our trucks w/o ram air are running on a vacuum correct?
On the 300ZX TT's at work, you can feel a power increase when the boost
gauge is at or even just under zero boost (this is over non turbo
models). They have to lower the vacuum before the can give boost and
just doing this adds power. Even if a ram air isn't providing boost it
is still raising power by lowering vacuum correct? Just trying to figure
out if it is possible for the E-RAM to provide double the power gain
over a ram air given that the E-RAM is pushing 1 psi and the ram air is
pushing .5 psi. Or do you have to take into account the power increase
of lowering vacuum? Am I making any sense to anyone?

Erich