Cam info

From: msdng@mindspring.com
Date: Wed Jul 14 1999 - 21:43:21 EDT

I paid a dealership $400 bucks back in 95 to install my old Crane 2030,
hung around and watched the install. Now, I bought a comp cam 512 lift
210/220/112 roller and installed it in 6 hours in my apartment parking
lot(99 R/T). The worst part was modifying my gear puller to remove the
balancer. The condensor was never disconnected and bungee corded up and
out of the way. I used rubber bands to support the lifters instead of
removing them. I set the timing to TDC and ran like crap, went through
alot of research and found the distributor was off one tooth even though
the cam and crank sensors were in sync. I run stock lifters and springs
with zero bind. The cam bled off some low end but pulls like a freight
train after 2500 rpm. I have a new 3000 convertor to compensate for the
low end loss. The DRB shows the O2 sensors are reading fine. The old 2030
had a smooth idle, this one is rough, lopey and shakes the truck when
stopped (this means I'm happy). If anyone has any questions, please feel
free to contact me.
Kuk