Re: Cam info

From: Kabuki2@aol.com
Date: Fri Jul 16 1999 - 13:02:04 EDT

<< I run stock lifters and springs
 with zero bind. The cam bled off some low end but pulls like a freight
 train after 2500 rpm. I have a new 3000 convertor to compensate for the
 low end loss. The DRB shows the O2 sensors are reading fine. The old 2030
 had a smooth idle, this one is rough, lopey and shakes the truck when
 stopped (this means I'm happy). >>

Nice to see you got the cam to work.... What converter did you use? I run the
same camshaft and use a converter with ~2400 stall. Couldn't find one any
higher.

I noticed a increase in response and power when I replaced the springs with
the R/T springs. It's a cheap mod, too. I think they're $7.50/ea or so.

ttyl
Patrick