Re: Dyno run (was Yet another Carlisle post :-)

From: BoogYT1300@aol.com
Date: Thu Jul 15 1999 - 09:09:07 EDT

In a message dated 7/15/99 7:19:43 AM EST, jbleazard@home.com writes:

> If I remember my physics, the work done toward acceleration (increasing
> kinetic energy) would be the integral under the power curve, across the RPM
> range that you're using. No, wait, I think it would be power over time.
So
> more power at low RPM will help push the truck faster and climb up to the
> higher RPM even faster. I think...

Uh, you forgot the coeficient for static friction there skippy...which is
cubed to compensate for the downward force at take-off. Yeah...right! Just
call me mr science.
Actually if torque and horsepower are inversly related and Jon is maintaining
a constant torque band at high RPMs (relative to our Daks) and still making
HP, then he's got a good thing happenin! Now thats a helluva theory
statement! My phisics professor would be proud...hehe. You see the
difference with Jons Dyno and Shanes dyno? I think Shane loses alot more
through the slush-bucket then the five speed Jon has. I think he had about
220RWHP.
Oh well, gotta go back to hell (work).
Cya
Boog