Re: 1st time racing results

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Thu Jul 15 1999 - 11:43:14 EDT

Eric,

I would concentrate more on the reaction time(s) than the small amount of
weight that the sub takes. Also, lower the pressure in the tires to about
23-25psi...that should give you a little better traction on the launch.

As for performance and times, ignition, intake, and exhaust mods will help
out quite a bit. The best "bang for the buck" on the V6's would be 3.90 or
4.10:1 gears. (That is if you're only building the truck for 1/4 miles.)

At 11:24 AM 07/15/1999 -0400, you wrote:
>hey.. here are my results.. they pretty much suck, cuz i have been sick for
>the past few days, so i was a little out of it for the race
>
>im going back next wednesday and gonna modify some things on the truck, like
>taking out the air filter and sub in the cab of my truck.. here are my
>times..
>
>time trial: (1st time ever racing)
> reaction 1.009
> e.t. 18.820
> mph 70.463
>
>elimination:
> reaction .624
> e.t. 19.078
> mph 70.458
>
>any coments other than this really sucked, or if you got some tips..
>my information on the truck is at http://www.ncweb.com/~shortdogg
>
>later
>

>------
>Eric Giblock