Re: Life of a water pump?

From: fawcett@uism.bu.edu
Date: Thu Jul 15 1999 - 12:26:53 EDT

Howdy Stup... I ain't goin' there. ;-)

Did you check your overflow when the trucks up to temp. just to see if they
overfilled it?? When I changed mine it took awhile for spillage to burn off,
but I don't remember if it was months... Seemed like a long time, though.

Next step for me would to put some newspapers down under the truck after I
parked it. That way I'd at least know, a.) if I had a leak & b.) about where to
start lookin'. If you're really lucky you might get some fluid right in the eye
when you look up <SPLAT>. :-)

I've had water pumps last as little as 50k and as much as 95k (still working
when I sold the car too) so I think life expectancy is just a crap game (Hmmm.
very profound statement there ;~).

L8R,
Tom