Mopar Winch Lock- prevent cable cutting

From: Mike Burgess (mike.burgess@akamail.com)
Date: Thu Jul 15 1999 - 20:24:23 EDT

I've had an idea from a security standpoint, about theives cutting the
winch cable to steal your spare, I'm going to get a pipe or a sleeve
to slip over the cable, should be ____ inches long, to only cover the
cable when the tire is winched up fully, w/o jamming into the winch
mech.
 I figure 1" di pipe will work, should be nearly impossible to cut that
off with a pair of pliers, and cutters with a jaw big enough,
won't fit under the bed. I'm guessing the length to be about 8-12"
depending on what tire you have, maybe use copper pipe, and slit it,
then solder it back around the cable.
Mike

--
"Thoughtcrime was not a thing that