fishing rod holder-brent

From: Patrick and Kelly Engram (shetland@erols.com)
Date: Thu Jul 15 1999 - 23:25:30 EDT

"Hey everyone, I've been lurking in the shadows for some time now, and
have
come up with a question I hope someone out there can help me with. I
have a
99 Dakota Sport which I use quite a bit for surf fishing. I just bought
an
all aluminum rod rack at a great deal, just can't figure out a way to
mount
it. It hs an alumin plate about the size of a liscense plate with holes
for
mounting at the corners. As you all know, there isn't enough steel up
front
to mount this to. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance, Brent."

-Brent, would you be willing to have them in the back instead of the
front? What I am thinking is this-(it requires a frame mounted receiver
style hitch) Have a machine shop/welder weld your bracket to a piece of
2" square tubing that can be slid into the hitch, or have them weld
together a 2" bar from a hitch to a piece of plate steel that is drilled
for your racks bolt pattern, then bolt your rack to it. Waddya think?
Patrick