From: j.ham (j.ham@CWIX.com)
Date: Fri Jul 16 1999 - 01:02:58 EDT

Ramsport96,

    Thanks for the suggestion on the cap and rotor, as well as the throttle
body. I plan on doing a little "stonehenge" removal and will certainly clean
everything spotless.
    As to the Shorty Headers...... They are Pacesetter's and I bought them
through J.C. Whitney for $149.00 a set. I'm also picking up a cat back dual
exhaust system for $189.00 from J.C. Whitney. No "Y" pipe available, but
I've got a couple of friends in the muffler business. The headers weren't
pretty, but they were functional and manufactured well. They bolted up with
the minimum of fuss: one bolt head needed to be ground down to 1/2 the
height. Otherwise everything lined up and fit well. I have discovered that
the "ram horn" pipe sticking up gets mighty close to the spark plug wires on
the drivers side. They get pretty hot.

    I am still trying to get information on a drive shaft switch. I want to
get rid of the two piece on my 96 and replace it with a one piece. Anybody
know if there is a direct swap?? I'm worried about the Trans output shaft
splines.

    I see allot of discussion on tires again. The backspacing is the
critical dimension on the Daks. Stock back spacing with a 15 x 7 wheel and
255-60's work very well on my 96. I could squeeze a 275-60 in the front but
I'd have to modify the fenders slightly to clear. No rub and scrub with the
255's.

    It feels good to start participating again. I just thought of
something.... what's the current consensus on the best plug wire to buy???

JonH