Re: RE: MSD setup

From: MATT ZEITS (darkharlequin@rocketmail.com)
Date: Fri Jul 16 1999 - 08:12:15 EDT

Does anyone know the part # of the connector('99 dak)
on the wiring harness that attaches to the base of
the ignition coil? It looks similar to the rear
bumper light connectors. I think it's manufactured
by Yazuka(or something). I have been trying to find
it for the past few days. what I want to do is
install my MSD by getting a female connector that
looks like the two pin on the bottom of the coil, and
a male/or a blaster ss--in which case I don't need
the male connector--so I dont have to cut the wiring
harness. If anyone has the repair manual i'd really
appreciate it if they looked it up. All I need is a
Part # and a Manufacturer--I can find a vendor
myself. Thanks

===
I tell you this,
no eternal reward
will forgive us now
for wasting the dawn!
--Jim Morrison
http://zeits.net/matt
http://darkharlequin.hypermart.net/

---"Bernd D. Ratsch" <bernd@texas.net> wrote:

> Don't bother with the 6AL...the Dak's are speed
limited anyway. The 6 works
> just fine. The Blaster SS is exactly what MSD
recommends for the Daks
> though...good choice.
>
> Bernd D. Ratsch
> Pflugerville, TX
> 1997 Dodge Dakota SLT/CC - 2WD
> http://lonestar.texas.net/~bernd/Dakota.htm
> bernd@texas.net

Behalf Of Jeff
> Durling
> Sent: Thursday, July 15, 1999 10:16 PM
> To: dakota-truck@buffnet.net
> Subject: DML: MSD setup
>

> I am looking into going with a MSD setup on my
truck. I am going to use
> the MSD 6AL, A blaster SS coil, and 8.5 MM wires.
To hook up the coil I
> am going to use the universal wiring harness. I
have seen alot of
> threads on the MSD ignition and from what I have
read that is the way I
> want to go, The question is I have seen some posts
on coils, even a few
> on the blaster, but I would like more info fronm
those using it. Which
> blaster coil are you using? Did you have any
problems using the
> universal wiring harness? For those who have them
on '96 and older
> daks..Where did you mount them? Do you have pics
and could I see them?
> It will be a couple of months untill I do this but
I want to plan it out