4x4 question

From: Sam Parthemer (rtdkota@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Jul 16 1999 - 13:23:31 EDT

Quick question: I took the 4x4 off road yesterday, and did some pretty
easy trails near my house. I had it in 4-LO, trans in 1... when I
shifted to 2, the tranmission shifted with a BANG... I didn't have the
gas pedal on, nor did I have the gears under load (it was on flat
ground that I reached after climbing a steep hill). Is this normal??
Also, when backing up (4x2 mode) then selecting D, the tranmission
sometimes shifts with a BANG too.. (if I didn't have my foot on the
brake, the truck would probably chirped the tires!!) The full time 4x4
mode worked great!!! Will probably use that more than the 4-HI...

Sam '99 RT&4x4