RE: New member

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Sat Jul 17 1999 - 08:02:57 EDT

Hi Will....Welcome to the DML.

IN regards to the drop-in K&N filters, they do NOT screw anything up and
they trap more dirt (and "other" things in the air) than any other element.
This is mainly due to the oil that's on the filter. They also flow better
as well.

You can use a drop-in but for performance, you really need to get rid of the
stock air-box and replace it with either a K&N Gen-II or QuickD. The K&N
Part Number is: 57-1509.

With swapping in 3.90 gears, GO FOR IT!! They don't degrade mileage as most
people would think and the performance is much better as well.

Bernd D. Ratsch
Pflugerville, TX
1997 Dodge Dakota SLT/CC - 2WD
http://lonestar.texas.net/~bernd/Dakota.htm