Re: Hella 550/500

From: Mike D. (miggitymike@juno.com)
Date: Sat Jul 17 1999 - 18:38:28 EDT

I liked my 550's, but they are deep. About 5" deep to bne exact, and the
mounting bolt is at the back of the light, so they stick out pretty far.
other than that, they are great. Nice and bright, really well made too.

-mike d.

On Wed, 14 Jul 1999 13:36:23 EDT GrnDak4x4@aol.com writes:
>I have always heard great things about Hella's products and have
>thought that
>they make the better of the auxiliary lights than their competitors.
>Well
>after I installed my grill-brush guard, I "need" to mount some lights
>on
>it(My Dak lights have always been rather poor). I would like to know,
>from
>those who have Hella lights, specifically 550's or 500s what they
>like/dislike about them and how good the light they produce is. I plan
>mount the Hella 500s(round driving lights) on the light tabs on the
>grill
>guard and also get some Hella 550's(square fog lights) and fab up a
>mount on
>the bumper. Thanks for any input on these lights.
>Kyle
>93 Dakota 4x4 V6

miggitymike@juno.com
VERY Black 88 6er, Edelbrock Headers, Flowmaster, TekStyle Tonneau, 14x3
K&N,
Daytona bucket seats, Magnecor wires, JET stage II, soon to be
slammed.......
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Pit/1133 <or>
http://members.xoom.com/dakotaperf
                                              "blah blah blah..."