Re: Re: MSD setup

From: Jason&Sarah (Jpm699@email.msn.com)
Date: Sat Jul 17 1999 - 22:05:33 EDT

If I remember right there was a post awhile back from MSD and they had
explained why this might happen in some vehicles. It has to do with the
computer compensating for the increased spark by makeing the air/fuel
mixture run very lean. It can be corrected by increased fuel pressure or
new injectors. Though most people have nothing but positive things to say
about it. For me the mileage has improved slightly along with throtte
response.
I currently belong to 4X4 club in my area who is seriously testing these
various ignitions and hopefully I can provide you with some actual test
numbers and facts. I'll keep you posted.

Jason

>I have a 93 V8 and the answer on mine is NO. This has been thru the mill
many
>times and there is a lot of comment both ways but the MSD hurt my
performance
>both on road and racing. I lost .2 and 2 mph with it and gain it back
without
>it. I have tried this several times with the same results. I have also see
>one and heard of another Dakota with similar results from Jacobs Pro
Streets.