Re: k&n genII

From: HrtbeatZ28@aol.com
Date: Sat Jul 17 1999 - 22:59:35 EDT

It's a bit early but I did notice a marked difference in throttle response.
There also appears to be better high end than before. It pulls steady through
1st once wheel spin stops, with a strong chirp of the rear tires going into
2nd. The shift to 3rd is crisp and I would gues that it will push 100 with
ease. I stopped at 75. Have yet to drive it a lot. I installed it on a
Thursday evening (install time about 1 1/2 hrs.) and left for vacation to the
Rockies on Saturday. Wifes Caravan you know. I can say that the install was
easy but as an earlier post indicated don't use the cap nut provided for the
heatsheild mount to the fender well. The bolt is pressed in from the
underside and will turn if you use the cap nut. Use a flat washer, lock
washer and nut. (stainless steel if you can). It may still turn, but at least
you can get the nut down far enough to hold the bolt with a pair of needle
nose pliers and tighten it down securly. The rest is a snap. I'm satisfied so
far. The wait in my opinion was worth it.
Jim Colson
Lawrence, Kansas
99 R/T
93 Z28