Austin meet and So Cal show

From: Ed Halterman (OLZNUT@webtv.net)
Date: Sun Jul 18 1999 - 23:40:17 EDT

Hey Bernd- I TOLD you that they still have the cruise nights at
Whataburger in Round Rock :-P Got back from the show in Glendora, and
guess what? We had a entrant from Killeen!!!! Guess y'all Texans made
someone with a real pretty Shelby Dak pretty mad to leave there and come
here!! (J/K, J/K)! :-) Don't worry, I asked him the same question, and
he said that he was just visiting his son who is stationed in Vegas
right now. The So Cal show was great, about 40 or so trucks showed up,
everybody got sun burned from the 90 degree heat (although much cooler
than the week before, and no 60% humidity!) and all had a good time,
except for a few poor sports. (let Jim tell ya about that, it was soo
stupid, it was too funny!!) It was pretty cool to put faces on the names
we all read about, but never see. The dinner the night before at the
steak house was super, and a great value, to boot!! Afterwards, a few of
us kinda had a un-expected get-together at the Hot Wheels section at
Wal-Mart which was down the street. It was me, Sam & Sonya, and Mr.
Quick D himself, Tony D. We found a few Durango toys, and a Dakota tow
truck(?!) The dinner made me sleep through my 5:30am wake-up call
(oops!) and I arrived at the show at 9-ish (damn!) and had to park in
the back. Oh well, I'm not gonna cry about it. Sorry this is long, just
letting everyone who didn't go about the blast they missed, and since I
have web tv, this is the only way I can do a "report". Thanks.

                               Ed

 P-S, I wish many break-downs and bad dealer services to the S-O-B who
dropped my Dakota (custom made to look like mine) 1/25 scale model at
the show and left it broken on my tailgate!! I fixed it, but that's not
the point. It took me too much time to build it, and it just p---es me
off when someone does that, and doesen't have the b---s to tell me.
Sorry, had to vent on that subject.