Re: R/T faster under 3/4 throttle than WOT???

From: RAS002@worldnet.att.net
Date: Sun Jul 18 1999 - 21:17:22 EDT

On Sat, 17 Jul 1999 11:16:21 -0400 (EDT), you wrote:

>Date: Sat, 17 Jul 1999 10:52:22 EDT
>From: SuperNagz@aol.com
>Subject: Re: DML: RE: R/T faster under 3/4 throttle than WOT???
>
>Would that kinda affect me across the entire rpm range though?
>
>I just find it odd that my truck has less power at WOT than at less than
>that...
>
>If my truck just needed to be broken in.. you would think I would just have
>less power at any throttle position, but still obviously WOT should be the
>best

  Hello DAKsters,

  It's because anything less than full throttle, your engine is being
controlled by the PCM's inputs (sensors talk to PCM, PCM tells fuel,
spark, etc what to do - as good as it gets), while at full throttle
(fuel, spark, etc) is mapped from pre-built tables. This may result in
less than optimum performance for your particular vehicle, as the tables
are the same for all genre of that vehicle (not optimized per individual
vehicle).

                Later,

                        Russ Selkirk

--