Re: Tires

From: GrnDak4x4@aol.com
Date: Sun Jul 18 1999 - 17:28:45 EDT

<< I am about to need (unfortunately) new tires for the Dak. TNN's Trucks!
had
 some nice looking tires on their show today, but I didn't catch the name of
 them. They are designed for off road use (very aggresive tread), but are
 also supposed to deliver good highway traction. I THINK the company that
 made them was SST, or something like that. Anyone who saw the show, or
knows
 anything about these tires, please let me know. Thanks for the help. >>

Nice tires eh???? Those were made by Interco, they were called Radial SSR.
Interco also makes tires such as Super Swamper TSL, Super Swamper Bogger,
Swamper Thornbirds, Super Swamper SX, and many more. These are all
exceptionally great off road tires, hint hint offroad. From what I hear, some
claim they wear like iron on paved roads and have lasted up 30,000 miles
while some people I know say they have lasted only 15,000 miles on paved
roads. The SSR's are currently available in sizes ranging from
31x12.50R15($149 a tire) to 33x10.50R15($160 a tire) to 35x14.50($235 a tire)
and many sizes in between; they are NOT made in 32's. Hope this helps.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6