2,000 lb R/T towing capacity printed on rear of truck!

From: SuperNagz@aol.com
Date: Sun Jul 18 1999 - 17:30:43 EDT

While washing my truck yesterday, I noticed something...

Molded into the plastic right above the liscense plate holder is clearly
printed "2,000 lbs towing capcity"

This makes me wonder... obviously Chrysler KNEW about the lowered tow rating
for the trucks if they "modified" their little molding machines to stamp out
the 2,000 lb lettering on that specific piece... but.. yet... they didn't
manage to fix the owners manual, the '99 Dakota brochure, or any of the other
printed articles.

Maybe we can use this to our advantage in our "fight" against DC.

p.s. I called the 1-800 number someone gave me off here (sorry fergot who u
were) and told the story to the woman. She took all my information, and was
very friendly, and told me I would be contacted within a week by my area rep.
She definately knew about the situation, and was pretty sincere when she said
I shouldn't have a problem getting a "free" 7/70,000 warranty for my
inconvenience.

I knew theres alot of talk about "greed" on this subject... but I was
thinking about maybe asking for something in addition to the warranty... like
a Mopar Computer when it comes out??? Should I take the chance? Or just
take the warranty and be happy? (if I even get it.. I guess it hasn't been
decided on yet until I talk to my rep.)