Metrics - Was: Re: fishing rod holder-brent

From: mrdancer (mrdancer@camalott.com)
Date: Sun Jul 18 1999 - 10:33:48 EDT

OK, I'll probably get flamed for this, but........

The Metric system is much more logical (and simpler) than the standard
system. I (along with most other U.S. citizens) was taught the standard
system (pounds, feet, etc.), and have a little trouble converting to Metric,
mainly because few people in this country use it.

The fact of the matter is, if we were all taught Metric to begin with, we
would all be much better off when it comes to measuring things, and we
wouldn't be pissed off about having to convert from one set to the other
(Metric is the world standard, and for good reason). Having said that,
there is a lot of people really pissed off about Metrics because they have
been taught the standard system ever since they were old enough to learn.

Ah, old traditions die hard (regardless of their illogical-ness).....

--
'92 Dak CC 2wd 318 3.55
'84 GoldWing Interstate