Re: Re: MSD setup

From: GrnDak4x4@aol.com
Date: Mon Jul 19 1999 - 13:22:22 EDT

<< OK, all of this talk about the MSD ignition system leads me to ask one
 question.......Does it help the MPG on a daily driver? I am looking for
 mods that will increase the MPG. If they increase HP, even better. Any
 suggestion? Thanks >>

MSD did not increase my city driving(not noticable) but WOW did highway go
up. I would say I get on average an easy 50 miles more per tank on highway
trips. Also, MSD did make my Dak have better throttle response as well as
over performance. Idles smoother and I am just very pleased with the unit. I
would highly suggest it. I do have other ignition mods such as MSD 8.5MM
Super Conductor wires, Accel Super Coil, Champion Truck Plugs(.050), Borg
Warner Select Brass Cap and Rotor, and of course the MSD 6-Offroad(6470) with
MSD universal wiring harness(8873).
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6; 107,000 miles