Re: fresh spot-last reply

From: Alan Short (ashort@flash.net)
Date: Mon Jul 19 1999 - 18:56:33 EDT

> I just want to know if the Kennedy family is gonna pay for all this search
> and rescue, diving, etcetera.
> So far I think its you and I, all of us that are paying for this. If they
> (Kennedys) dont make reparations then any US citizen who crashes a personal
> plane into the ocean should get this same attention!
> Boog
This is my last reply on this off topic subject(I sent the last one
about Howard Stern privately).
The Coast Guard does and will search for even you, if you were to crash
into the Atlantic, free of charge. It's their JOB!
There was an immediate need for manpower to search for survivors and
wreckage, so they took anyone who was qualified and put them to work.
IF, the Kennedys asked for and received preferential treatment, and
could pay for such, then good for them, but that's not how it happens.
My condolences go to ALL the families and friends of the
missing/deceased involved.
Have a little respect and compassion for people in their time of need,
even for Kennedys.
                                               Alan S.