Bad News For A Cape DML Meet

From: fawcett@uism.bu.edu
Date: Mon Jul 19 1999 - 19:48:03 EDT

I received a few responses to my August 7 Cape DML meet so I was checking out
places to stay when I was down there yesterday. The long and the short of it
is there just isn't any place to stay! :( The campsites I checked out said I
need to plan at least 6 months in advance for any kind of group thing...
Hotels/motels/B&B's weren't any better. So unless somebody's got a house down
there and they don't mind a bunch of DML'rs crashing on the couch, a weekend
meet is out for August. Sorry, I was really looking forward to another meet.

I'd still be up for a day trip if any local DML'rs are interested. I live just
outside of Boston and it takes me about 2 hours to get down to Race Point. I
usually leave around 6, so I'm cruisin' the beaches bright and early.

On a more positive note, Karen and I had a blast on the beach yesterday... I
pulled out a stuck Ferd Exploder (that tow ring works great, Kyle!) while I was
there. When I asked the guy how much he aired-down he just kinda' gave me a
blank stare --his wife or g/f wasn't too pleased with him. I guess he put as
much thought into his choice of vehicle as he did into wheelin' on the beach.
:-)
Tom