Re: Boog concerning Astrojet Pulse Amplifier

From: BoogYT1300@aol.com
Date: Tue Jul 20 1999 - 08:56:31 EDT

In a message dated 7/19/99 11:00:15 PM EST, Dester243@aol.com writes:

> Hey, I received the astrojet pulse amplifier. i'll install it on my truck
as

> soon as i get it back from the dealer... one thing. Why would it mess up
> the spark plugs? i have AC delco Rapid fires on there right now...
> -Dester

High speed glazing is caused by sudden increases in temperature in the
combustion chamber. Normal deposits on the plug can melt and form a
conductive bright orange coating around the insulator. This causes misfiring
which lowers RPMs when driving and causes crappy gas milage. I had my truck
on a scanner and when I ran up the rpms to 1700 the actual RPMs varied from
1500-1600. So I looked at the cap, rotor and plugs. They were all fried. I
had that problem with the Jacobs system I got from Pat Engram. What I think
is happening (with my truck) is that I have too much spark when I couple the
MP SBEC with an ignition booster. The scanner said my ignition output was
high w/o the astro-jet. So the performance SBEC must be taking care of that
so the astrojet was a waste of time.
So if you get this problem, high speed glazing, then consider a colder heat
range for your plugs. This might solve the problem.

The Jacobs system works great, and well worth the money, but again, I dont
need it.
If anyone wants to buy it off me, $200.00 plus shipping. Thats what I paid.

Lemmekno how it turns out....same for you Greg.
Boog