Re: Tuff Country Lift Follow Up

From: Angelo, Tony (Tony_Angelo@afcc.com)
Date: Tue Jul 20 1999 - 09:01:16 EDT

I knew the bigger tires would throw things off - I'm chomping at the bit for
the Hypertech Power Programmer to be released for the 99 Dak so that I can
dial in the bigger tires - but the difference is not that great. At 60 on
my speedo, the "chase car" (my roommate) was going about 64. I've noticed
no change in off the line performance - I've got the 3.92 gears and the 318
- but the trip to 65 seems to take a lot longer. I haven't timed it, it
just feels that way. Of course disconnecting the battery for half an hour
seems to create another 50 hp out of thin air. The dealer has done it twice
now (once to replace a leaking block heater, once to install the off road
lights) and both times it's been like a whole new truck when I got it back.
So I guess all I need to do is unhook the battery for a weekend and I should
be makin' Viper class power by Monday, right? :>)

Tony Angelo
'99 Solar Yellow Sport, CC, Full Time 4X4, Black Bed Rail/Light Bar/Round
Lights , Black Grill/Brush Guard, Tuff Country 5.5" Lift, 33X12.5 BF
Goodrich AT KOs on the stock wheels