Re: magnum heads fit onto '91 360??

From: Mike D. (miggitymike@juno.com)
Date: Wed Jul 21 1999 - 02:14:26 EDT

they will fit but: The magnum uses hollow rods that oil the heads, while
the premag uses a different method to get oil to the valvetrain and
heads. You have to get the whole head from a magnum... rods, valves,
springs, everything... also, on magnums the bolts go in at a different
angle. I'm not sure exactly how it works, but I know some drilling is
required....

it CAN be done, as a matter of fact, Terry Delong at ProGlass did it...
I've heard about HUGE gains from this mod....

just remember, you'll need a new computer and all the injectors and all
that stuff.. you may be better off just swappin' haeds and keepin' the
premag-style intake...

-mike d.

On Sun, 18 Jul 1999 19:47:59 PDT mike kulczycki <dakota1994@hotmail.com>
writes:
>so does anyone know for sure if the magnum heads and intake will fit??
>want to build a magnum 360 for my dak in a few years, and this might
>be a
>good starting point... or would it be better to buy a newer one??
>mike k
>'94, slt, cc, v6, 2wd, stuff...
>

>>From: Doug Myers <dougmyers@radix.net>
>>Subject: DML: 360 shortblock for sale
>>Date: Fri, 16 Jul 1999 00:57:26 -0400
>>
>>Hey guys,
>>
>> I'm cleaning out my garage and have a '91 360 shortblock from a
>Ram
>>that
>>I'd like to sell. It ran when I bought it. I just wanted it for the
>>swirl-port heads for my 'cuda. I'm pretty sure the Magnum heads and
>intake
>>will work on this motor, you just need to use the magnum valvetrain
>>(pushrods, rockers, etc.) as well. I'm located in Clinton, MD near
>>Washington, DC if anyone's interested.
>>
>>Doug Myers
>>'99 Dakota RC 5.2L/5-speed/3.92 SG
>>B&F Stage 1 TB
>>K&N Gen II FIPK
>>Gibson Split-Rear Exit Catback
>>Continental Tonneau
>>V-Tech Ram Tail-light covers

miggitymike@juno.com
VERY Black 88 6er, Edelbrock Headers, Flowmaster, TekStyle Tonneau, 14x3
K&N,
Daytona bucket seats, Magnecor wires, JET stage II, soon to be
slammed.......
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Pit/1133 <or>
http://members.xoom.com/dakotaperf
                                              "blah blah blah..."