RE: Crumbles and ball joints updated.

From: Norah Bleazard (nbleazard@home.com)
Date: Wed Jul 21 1999 - 07:09:14 EDT

I have never taken any of my trucks to Chrysler for brake work. I usually
go to Speedy as brakes aren't under warranty after a year anyway. As for
they rest of the attitudes, welcome to the club. I don't tend to blame the
dealership as much as I do the so-called "advisors". Some of these droids
are complete idiots. When they tried to pull a similar stunt on me with the
brakes, I told him to hold on, went to see if my salesperson was there, and
the two of us went to see the Manager. Turned out that my brakes would be
fine for another 6 months. What I have found out is that the mechanics (in
Canada anyway) get paid by the job and not an hourly rate. Hence, the
urgency to find things that need to be fixed right now. If Chrysler were
smart about this, they'd pay their employees an hourly rate and take the
stress off them to make money every day and put that energy into the job at
hand. Instead of worrying about whether or not they'll make enough this week
to pay all their bills. Just my opinion. Oh yes, and also hire service
droids that have more competent knowledge than I do. It's pretty bad when I
(a female) walk in and have to explain to the guy what skids plates are,
where they are to be installed, and why. HELLO!!!!

Norah
current: '95 Dakota Sport white 4x4 Reg Cab V6/3.9L/5spd