RE: looking for some audio equipment

From: Collins, Richard (collinsr@ccmangum.com)
Date: Wed Jul 21 1999 - 09:56:55 EDT

I think you need to double check that man...

The world record was set by a guy named Jay Lovelace here in Raleigh, NC at
a little over 174db. It was a Ford Bronco and it did have about 500lbs of
concrete in his box. I believe someone has since surpassed him but it was
less than a decibel.

The former record was held by a completely unmovable van that had pillars of
10"s in it (about 80 total) and he whooped it. It was only in the low 160
range.

They're only now starting to edge toward 180db. 190db is still a long way
off man...

Bill Gate's daughter?!? I hope you were kidding when you wrote that and
aren't that gullible...