Re: Re: DML Popping Noise

From: Tibor Kun (tiborski@excite.com)
Date: Wed Jul 21 1999 - 11:17:40 EDT

Derek,

>> I HAVE HAD MY TRUCK IN FOR A VERY BAD SQUEEK TWICE I KNOW THE TECH AT
THE
DEELER SO WE WENT FOR A RIDE THE SECOND TIME NIETHOR OF US COULD FIND IT
BUT
BOLTH OF US COULD HEAR IT WE CHECKED EVERYTHING WE COULD THINK OF FINALY
OUT
OF JUST LUCK WE PUT THE TAILGATE DOWN AND IT STOPED INSTENTLY COME TO FIND
OUT THE LATCH WAS OUT OF ADJUSTMENT AND WAS SQEEKING BADLY <<

You can make mine squeek just by tugging back and forth on the tailgate; I'm
figured it was because I backed it into a trash can once, but if they fixed
yours for being out of adjustment, then my dealership can fix mine too!
Unfortunately, that's looking to be next week now, or maybe Saturday,
courtesy of my workload... :-(

My only concern is that it's a "rattle" and a "squeek" and I was told when I
bought it that they generally frowned on isolating squeeks and rattles after
15k miles ... whazzup with THAT?? I'm gonna press them to fix it anyway. A
warranty ought to be a warranty, period. But I've heard this from two
dealers so far...

--
Tibor Kun
tkun -at- compuserve.com  <== my anti-spam writing of my email address