Re: Gas Gauge go'in Nutz!

From: ZeNel1eac1@aol.com
Date: Thu Jul 22 1999 - 18:30:31 EDT

yes sir, I had the same problem. I did the same stupid thing you did which
is run it down to really low, before fill ups (but that has nothing to do
with it). And the same thing happened twice. Which was I ran out of gas and
the gauge showed a 1/4 full. Took it to the dealer I insisted a new one be
put in and they did. I still run it to empty very often and I have not had a
problem for over a year now.

Joe G.
Black '98 318 4x4 5spd sport plus (all options)
Rhino spray-in bed liner, Gaylord fiberglass tonneau, K&N
<< Anyone have any gas gauge problems? For a year I would ruin it down to
 the red below "E" and get a good 50 miles before stopping. (Stupid yes,
 but thats me)
 We'll I ran out of gas......twice at 1/8 to 1/4 on the gauge. I checked
 the fill up amount 21.9 gal. It seems like my float went out of cail or
 something. Anyone
 experience this problem???
 Thanks
 Bob >>