Re: electric fan

From: Mike Pahls (mike.pahls@gfii.com)
Date: Fri Jul 23 1999 - 08:47:11 EDT

<Terry Wrote:
I would also put the 185 fan to come on all
the time with the A/C. The 205 would come on only if needed.>

I don't think this is too good of an idea, I think they should both run
if the A/C is on. The reason you want both of them on is so that your
A/C runs as efficiently as possible by keeping as much air flow through
your condenser. Most cars with two electric fans will have both fan
running when the A/C is on for just this reason. The more air across
the condenser will translate into more heat removed from the refrigerant
when it is compressed (And goes through its phase change)...Then the
refrigerant will be able to absorb more heat when air passes through the
evaporator (This equals a cooler cab)

Mike -
'93 SE-R w/mods (210HP from a normally aspirated 2.0)
'97 SLT+ 4x4 318 (230HP form a normally aspirated 5.2)