Toyota Tundra Review

From: Rob Agnew (ragnew@islandnet.com)
Date: Sat Jul 24 1999 - 01:25:17 EDT

>Date: Fri, 23 Jul 1999 19:18:12 -0600
>From: Gary Shook <gary.shook@wcom.com>
>Subject: DML: Toyota Tundra Review --- compare to Ram????

>I resent the comparison... last time Toyota tried (T100) it was an ok
>truck.... until you tried to use it as a truck... popular mechanics did
>(IMHO) the best comparison testing of all the 1/2 ton trucks available on
>the market.. they got a standard optioned extended cab truck from everyone
>who made one.... put them through their paces (0-60, 60-0, slalom, etc) and
>then put 1500 Lbs in the bed and did it again...
<snip>

Gary, I don't think Toyota cares whether you resent the comparison, but
that is their target market.
The Tundra is not a T100, you can read all about the Tundra on the Toyota
web site.

Personally, I don't think a RAM 1500 is any more of a truck than my Dakota.
 It is a little bigger, less fuel efficient and slower. A V8 4x4 Ram 1500
Clubcab has the same payload as my V8 4x4 Dak clubcab and the Ram is rated
to tow about 1,500 lbs more. It's not build any heavier and many of the
parts are interchangeable.

There is no-one blinder than he who refuses to see.

Rob Agnew
ragnew@islandnet.com

Victoria, B.C.
Canada