Heatshield Warning and glass cleaners

From: Richard A Pyburn (rap777@juno.com)
Date: Sat Jul 24 1999 - 17:51:13 EDT

Tibor:

This may sound odd, but it really works well for me. Rain-X makes a
product called Fog-X that is supposed to prevent interior glass from
fogging up. It doesn't (at least not for me. For those of you that have
used it successfully, I congratulate you, but that is not the point
here).

On the label for the Fog-X there is a comment that it makes a great
window cleaner when mixed with water. They are right. I get no streaks
and it easily removes the hard water spots our high alkaline water tends
to leave. I got the Fog-X free in a package with a large bottle of
Rain-X. So, if you use Rain-X (I recommend it highly) and can find a
bottle of Fog-X with it, it's worth a try.

>From what you have described, however, I wonder if there may be a problem
with the plastic laminate that is "sandwiched" between the layers of
glass? A windshield shop should know. Of course, they have a vested
interest in replacing windshields, so you'll have to find one you trust.

buene suerte,

Richard in San Antonio