Upper Control Arm Bushings

From: Mike Burgess (mike.burgess@akamail.com)
Date: Sat Jul 24 1999 - 22:02:33 EDT

BOB, How many miles did you have, I have a '98, put into service
Nov '98, and just last month had to do the pass side upper control
arm, there is no replacement bushing, the dealer installed a NEW
upper arm. Covered under warrenty, but at 25,000 mi, it sucks to
have a major rubber bushing go. Was there a bad batch made?
Anyone else have this problem?
Mike '98 CC 4x2

orig:
From: Bob Nichols <bnich@bellatlantic.net>
Subject: DML: Upper Control Arm Bushings

Hello All,
I saw some raggy looking rubber hanging out of my upper control arm.
Looks like thew busing is wiped. I'm gona jack it up tommorro, take the
wheels off and have a peek. Anyone have any tips? I hope I can change
the bushings without dropping the
lower arm and removing the spring, anyone know for sure????
Let me know.
Thanks,
Bob

--