Re: RE: Away for a week...

From: Jon Steiger (stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu)
Date: Sun Jul 25 1999 - 18:01:31 EDT

At 05:12 PM 7/25/99 , you wrote:
>> Just a quick note to let everyone know that I'll be out of town next
>> week, so the list will be on autopilot. :-) Just in case anyone is

  (Oops, I guess technically its "this week", not next week...)

>> interested, I'll be at Oshkosh '99 (or AirVenture '99, whatever they're
>> calling it now). If any other pilots or enthusaists are going, maybe I'll
>> see you there. I'm planning on camping across the road from the
>> ultralight
>> area; I'll be driving a deep amthyst Town & Country. (I didn't feel
>> comfortable taking the Dak what with the recent stalling problem; at least
>> its a Mopar. It was either that or a buddy's Ranger... no contest.) :-)
>
>Hey Jon,
>
>I thought you and Ed were thinking of taking his mom's new RV, did that fall
>through?

  Yep, we were going to, but last week we took it out on a "shakedown run"
and I discovered that its leaking oil from a valve cover, leaking tranny
fluid (we lost 2 pints), and the pumpkin was also leaking. (Its a Chebby
454) We just didn't feel comfortable taking it. :-) So, we'll be using
the tents instead of the sink, fridge, stove, A/C and such. Oh well, maybe
next year. Hey, at least we'll get 22+mpg instead of 7. ;-)

>Are you towing your plane with the minivan, or just spectating?

  Nope, I'll just be a spectator. I might take my plane up one year; I
dunno. If I could afford to build the seaplane I want, I'd fly in (3.5 vs
10 hours) but I'm also a little paranoid about leaving my ultralight out in
the open where everyone can paw over it. (Although it'd probably be OK
since the EAA has restricted admission to members and guests of members
only, but still...)

>Have fun, take lots of pictures. See you at Mopar Nats!

  Thanks; I'll sure try! :-) See you at the Nats! I'll have to post a
message when I get back to see if anyone else is interested in joining our
convoy. (Whew; got some DML content in there after all!) ;-)

                                               -Jon-